Pages

October 18, 2019

A Year Later, I'm back!


Last time I posted was OVER year ago! Shame.

To be completely honest, I had decided to shut this blog down, but that is a major life decision that is very hard to make. It has been my digital journal where I have recorded every major event in my life. (Well except the last year of course!) I have found myself going back to read the previous posts and look at the pictures, quite often.  I’m a sap, so I get teary eyed every. Single. TIME.  So I have officially decided that I cannot delete it, and that means it will be here forever!  With that being said, I’m sure you would like to know why I haven’t posted anything in two years.   

Meet our Dog, Chico Bam, and meet Benji's glasses.

The truth is, I don’t really know. I guess I have felt very lost and lonely, and that is not something I want to portray to the general public.  It’s really as simple as that.  Talking about how I feel is not one of my strength.  All I can say is that it has taken me two years to feel at home, and sometimes I still get home sick, especially around holidays.  That’s normal though, right?   

Ruben and I have prayed and analyzed everything that has happened in these last two years, and we truly feel that where we are now is exactly where God wants us to be, and that has given us peace of mind.  We love it here, and it feels like home. 

Just to clarify some things, the very last post I wrote (a year ago) we were living in a different city near Baton Rouge.  We no longer live there because we bought a house (YAY!); it’s about an hour away from where we were living previously.  So basically we have made two large moves in the last two years, hence the emotional trauma. Ha.  As hard as it was to make these very extreme and difficult decisions, God was with us the entire time.  It’s a very lengthy, but wonderful testimony.  God was nudging us in this specific direction, and we are slowly understanding why.  It’s quite wonderful to see God’s plan unfold in your life. There are still many things unknown to us, but we have confidence that He has it under control. (I may go into detail on this in a different post)

Our New House 11/12/18 (Also, my Bday)

I am curious to know if any of you have ever moved somewhere faraway (or somewhere that felt faraway), and if so, how did you cope with the change?  I would love to hear about your experience!

Anyways, I just wanted to check in and say HELLO. I’m ready to start blogging again! Yay!  Also, I need feedback. What  would y’all like to know or read about.  Let me know on any of my socials or email me.  J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m so happy and excited that you are posting again! Continue with your life updates.

Ruth Alvarez said...

I’m happy you are back!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...