January 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Benjamin!

Today is my babies 1st Birthday.  I can't believe how fast time has gone by.  
We have officially survived the first year. Yay to us!!

Firstly, I have to praise and thank God for such a wonderful gift. Benjamin is the greatest thing in my life. My Joy, and love. I love Benjamin so much, and everyday the love grows more and more. I guess it's true when my mother said that you never fully understand a mother's love, until you have a child of you own.

I remember so clearly when they put him in my arms.  He was so small, and fragile. I looked at him, and said "Hi baby", and just held him.  I wanted him to feel all the love I had for him. I remember looking at Ruben and saying "He's so beautiful", and Just feeling so Happy.. like beyond words happy.  Maybe the happiest I've ever been in life. Feels like just yesterday...

But anyways, before I get all emotional.... I want to wish my baby boy  a

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!

Today we shall celebrate with a CAKE SMASH photoshoot!
woot woot!!

Didn't exactly go how I expected.
Here's the story.. 
Photobucket
I bought the smallest cake I could possible find, and put a cute little #1 candle on top, and also a cute little birthday hat for the birthday boy.   Isn't it adorable? 
So, I decided to photograph them separately for memories sake, before this grand disasters happened. 

Photobucket
Well Then I place the cake in front on him, and waited for him to destroy it! muahaha! 

Photobucket
Well..... He decided to play with the candle first, and do all these cute things.  I was like.. "ok, this is all part of his game plan!"
Photobucket
.....
AHA!!  So it begins.... 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
"look there is cake in my hand, I guess I can play with it!" 
.............
Photobucket
"oh.. my hand got dirty.  nevermind." 

......

p.s. when it hit 12am today.. my heart literally sank, and i got emotional. 

Favorite Thing Thursday, little things thursday, Sunday Snapshot, simple as that

21 comments:

Sarah Segovia said...

AHHHH!!!!!! these are amazing!!!! love them all
what a funny guy hahaha

Dina Lettre said...

So, so sweet!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday to Benjamin!!! What a cutie he is!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday son

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday son

Kim C. said...

These are perfect! Love them and what a treasure they will be! Glad you joined us today!

Natalie Reyes said...

What a great Shoot. Happy B.day Benji! God bless you!

P.s. when you say, you got emotional, did that include "crying of happiness???"...LOL...

Ruth Alvarez said...

Aha. Funny story! Love him. He's so calm and not calm. It's a weird combo. Lol

CQ| said...

haha Natalie. no. almost though..almost.

Kim Stevens said...

Awww, I can remember the day they put my first in my arms...almost 18 years ago. Each year goes faster and faster, wonderful memories you've captured!

tiarastantrums said...

lovely 1 year shot! love the cake smash!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

What a cutie pie! Doing cake smash first birthday's is so fun! Nicely captured.

mrzPerez said...

ssooooo cute!!!!! happy 1st birthday benji!!! yayy to january babies lol :) hope he hjas an awesome bday !

Brea said...

What a precious boy! I have a January baby, too, but he's four now! Sniff. Enjoy age one. Its a great age, though so different from that first year!

Chandra said...

I love these photos!! Happy 1st Birthday, Benjamin!

More Modern Modesty

stephanievarno said...

Aww these are such great photos! My daughter just turned 1 last month. It's such an exciting event! Happy birthday to your little one!

Elisa said...

When I did one of my cousin's cake smash pictures I did the crawling away one too, so I think that one is my fav even though all are adorable! The ones of him wiping his hands are too perfect!!

'Lish' Imprintalish said...

What a cutie!!! Love those pics, and that hat is stellar :) Happy Birthday!
Lish @ Imprintalish

Katherines Corner said...

happy birthday to your little one. I love these photos, they are wonderful. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

shelly said...

He's right. He is so cute. haha

Laurie said...

He is so darling!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...